Animated Video Contest From edRover - Win $1,000 Scholarship
December 31, 2010
Prizes and Sponsorship
This contest is sponsored by edRover, a new iPhone application launching in January 2011. The winning person/team will receive $1,000 in prize money and their video will be posted on the edRover.org website to introduce the service to parents, students, schools and sponsors. The prize money can only be used towards tuition and related expenses at a recognized academic institution. For complete details, please visit: www.edrover.com/videocontest.
EdRover, Inc. is hosting "The Adventures of edRover" video competition in conjunction with the launch of the edRover school fundraising application. The goal is to showcase student-developed original videos that educate the general public about edRover. A winner will be announced on March 31, 2011.
The purpose of the video is to highlight how school supporters can use the edRover application while they dine, shop, attend sporting or entertainment events, or visit sites of historical or educational significance leveraging the edRover logo as a central character in the story.
Create a family friendly, original animated video showcasing Ed Rover's adventures as he visits restaurants, shops, sports and entertainment venues, museums, parks, historical landmarks, etc.
• The length of the video must be between 30 and 60 seconds – including opening title information and closing credits. Videos longer than 1 minute will not be eligible for the competition.
• All videos must be original and may not be prepared by a professional.
• Videos should not contain content that is inappropriate for general audiences or that includes trademarked objects or locations.
• Videos must comply with copyright rules and regulations. Sources of information and materials used (i.e. music) must be properly acknowledged and credited in the video.
Deadline: December 31, 2010 - 11:59 PST. Any materials postmarked after the deadline will be sent back to the team and will not be included in the competition.
For complete rules and requirements, please visit: www.edrover.com/videocontest.
- Video Format
- All videos should be submitted on a DVD.
- Videos may incorporate animation and/or real world scenes but must incorporate the edRover character.
- Resolution should be at least 640 x 480 pixels.
- Recommended format is MPEG-4 (.m4v/.mp4).
- Other acceptable formats are Quicktime (.mov), Windows AVI (.avi), and Windows Media (.wmv)