The Bottom Line
Jaycut is an excellent free online video editing tool. By allowing users to edit from any computer, without having to download and install software, Jaycut makes editing easy for folks on the go or for virtual collaborators.
Jaycut offers a number of features, though overall it's a pretty basic editing platform. But what it does, it does really well, making it simple to edit and share your online videos.
- Jaycut is free for individual use.
- The Jaycut interface is very intuitive.
- You can download or publish online any movies you edit with Jaycut.
- Jaycut works very quickly, rendering footage almost immediately.
- Jaycut doesn't include a watermark or other branding on your finished videos.
- Uploading uncompressed video footage can take a long time.
- Jaycut offers only a very limited selection of video effects.
- Jaycut is a free online editing program.
- Businesses can license Jaycut as a white-label editing program on their website.
- Jaycut offers several editing features, including multiple tracks, audio editing, titles, transitions and effects.
- Users can upload videos, photos and audio to their Jaycut library.
- Movies edited in Jaycut can be exported to your desktop, mobile phone, or online video sharing sites such as YouTube.
Guide Review - Jaycut Offers Easy, Powerful Online Editing
Online video editing will never surpass desktop editing, but Jaycut comes close.
Jaycut online video editing software lets you do everything you can do with other free video editors, and includes many features that you find in entry-level digital video software. The program gives editors multiple tracks to work with and various effects, titles and transitions.
The asset library is another useful feature in Jaycut. Users can save a variety of video clips, audio and photos to use in any project they're editing.
It takes a while to upload uncompressed footage to Jaycut, but once you start editing the program moves very quickly. Thanks to Jaycut's super-fast servers, there's hardly any wait to preview your edited videos.
And when you're finished editing, Jaycut offers a number of convenient ways to save your videos. Jaycut will create a full-quality movie to download to your desktop, or will convert the movie for your mobile phone or for sites like YouTube. And your final video is your own - there's no Jaycut watermark or any other indication that you used a free editing tool to get the job done.