Who It's For:
Family video blogs are perfect for families who live far apart or for anyone who wants to keep in touch with a close social network. If you have a video camera, a computer and a high-speed internet connection, you’re ready to get started.
Family vacations, special events, video diaries of day-to-day life, family-favorite videos found online… if you remember to use your video camera regularly you’ll find yourself with a endless supply of family videos to share on the vlog.
- Relationship building: Video is probably the most powerful medium for creating an emotional connection and response. Grandma and grandpa living across the country will likely feel a closer relationship to your kids by seeing their lives on video and sending and receiving video messages online.
- The perfect audience: Your family members have always been your biggest fans. So no one will enjoy – and praise – your video work as much as them.
- More videos, more memories: With a family vlog, you’ll have a reason to get some use out of that video camera, and you’ll keep a priceless video record of your family over time.
- Privacy: When you’re dealing with your family and kids, you probably want to keep them out of sight of any Joe Internet User. So, set your videos to “private” when you upload them, and password-protect your vlog.
- Share the work, share the fun: A family vlog is a great place to try out collaborative vlogging. Share the vlog admin details with relatives, and let everyone upload their videos. This will make the family video blog more of a conversation, and will take the burden of doing all of the work off of you.